Sunday, December 13, 2009

A Bit Of Cooking


Today I decided it was time to do a bit of cooking for Xmas. I only have to make the fruit mince pies, cake and puddings already taken care of. My sister is coming to lunch tomorrow to celebrate Xmas with two of my grand daughters. A quiche must be made today so I decided on a roast pumpkin and semi dried tomato one as it is one of my favourites. DH saw and said could we have one for dinner, so now I make two. The fruit mince pies were done quickly and the left over fruit was made into a big pie for DH, one of his favourite desserts. All baked before 5 o clock and the first quiche eaten by 6 o clock because Dh couldn`t wait any longer, it was delicious. Tomorrow I will make some chocolates, craisins and cashew nuts covered in thick dark chocolate, and then some Xmas themed choccies for the kids. Wednesday it will be biscuit making day, lots of choc, plain and cinnamon biscuits to be made and they don`t last long, but they are a tradition that was started by my dear Mum many years ago.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

sounds like a yummo time... have a lovely time with your sister... c u tues.
Dawn x x