Friday, November 19, 2010

A BIRTHDAY GIFT

Hi all, Ihave been ill again and spent 4 days in bed without even feeling like sewing or blogging but back on track now and hoping to get to all my Xmas sewing and swaps that I must fulfill.
Next week DH and I are going to visit no. 2 daughter and family as my 2 Gchildren both have birthdays.
I had bought this cradle at a Fair for Emma and decided to make a quilt to make it more personal from nan. I found a pattern in a book and down sized it to fit and had it sewed in a few hours and last night I just had to hand sew the binding. I was very pleased at how it turned out and I hope little Emma enjoys playing with it.
This is the quilt and littkle pillow.

I thought I might as well show you the cradle as well and I got it for a bargain price. I cleaned it with detergent and a spray with disinfectant and it looks lovely.
Thats all for now as i have to pick DH up from work as he is on 3 weeks holiday and after the farm visit i hope we can get away for a few days in the caravan. Cheers for now Jude.

9 comments:

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

What a cute set!

Marilyn said...

Good to hear you are back on deck. The cradle looks good and your quilt and pillow are beautiful. Enjoy your time away and take care of yourself - no overdoing things.

Sue SA said...

Sorry to hear that you havent been well, but good to have a trip to look forward to. Lovely dolls quilt and pillow, very cute, I am sure your GD will love them. Happy quilting, Sue SA.

Vicki ♥ said...

Glad to hear you are on the mend Jude and its horrible being sick. The quilt and cradle look fabulous...how special that is!Hugs Vicki

Oops-Lah said...

What a wonderful gift. I would have loved something like that when I was a little girl. Glad you are feeling better; must have been bad if you didn't feel like sewing ;(. Have a good visit with your family.

Heather said...

Hiya Jude, sorry to hear you have been unwell again- hope to see you at sewing on Tuesday though, enjoy the rest of the weekend
Luv....Heather

Jill said...

Sorry you have been ill. Hope you are feeling better.
Very pretty little doll quilt - I love the bunnies and the colours are so sweet. Wish you were my grandma!

Lucky-1 said...

Oh Jude that is so cute and I am sure it'll be loved and used heaps in the dolls cradle. Sorry to hear you have been crook again. I did miss you last Tuesday.

Hugs

Leanne

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear you have been unwell again Judy. Hope you feel better after your trip away. Not like you not to even feel like sewing. Everything looks lovely. Take care.
Cheers, Janette